Specialties: Corporate strategy and development, M&A, venture capital, entrepreneurial ventures and education, business planning, negotiation, marketing, business development, finance, innovation, operations, general management, recruiting, re-engineering, web services.
A leading strategist, CEO, investor and recognized as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs in Utah. Eliot has 20 years experience driving innovative corporate strategies and leading venture-funded technology companies including but not limited to:
- 0-to-60 Ventures: Early-stage investments in energy, materials, IoT, ecommerce & bioinformatics
- Lumiport: Co-founded consumer light therapy devices for skin. Featured on CNN & NBC news. #1 Skin care device launch on Amazon.
- PayPal (eBay): Head of Corporate & Product Strategy, member of the executive team of this of this online payments leader driving innovation, growth strategy, and partnerships.
- Omniture: Inc.: COO, 500 member and leader in strategic web analytics for the enterprise, acquired by Adobe for $1.8 billion.
- Viewpoint Digital (VWPT: Reporting to the president, Eliot helped coordinate the efforts of the management team and assisted in raising several rounds of financing from Kleiner, Perkins, Intel, and others. Acquired by Computer Associates.
Eliot was a strategy consultant at Bain & Company, where he specialized in technology and competitive strategy, M&A, and re-engineering for FORTUNE 500 companies in the technology, banking, defense, retail and entertainment industries. Clients included Dell, Lockheed, and Dun & Bradstreet. Eliot was also an analyst at Bain Capital where he helped analyze and complete large leveraged private equity transactions.
Eliot earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Management, from Brigham Young University and an MBA from the Harvard Business School.
Eliot serves on the board of Brigham Young University’s Rollins Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology.